LGBTQ+ Basic Awareness Training is a 1.5hr interactive, informative and thought-provoking workshop delivered by YorSexual Health; either Face to Face or Online.
- to gain a better understanding of LGBTQ+ terminology
- to explore issues faced by the LGBTQ+ community
- to gain awareness of ways we can improve our services for LGBT+ people
Following the training, you should:-
- have a greater awareness of LGBTQ+ identity
- have more confidence when working with people who present as LGBTQ+
- have a greater knowledge and understanding of LGBTQ+ issues
This training is available for professionals across York or North Yorkshire and is completely free.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for training dates or alternatively e mail us for a bespoke session.
There will be an e-learning module on the website for condom distribution refresher training. This is currently in development.
Bespoke training for larger groups can be arranged as required with prior organisation.