22nd February 2024
Sexual Health, LGBTQ & Condom Distribution Scheme Training
Venue: Virtual Training
Address: Virtual Training
Training event Starts on the 09th Jan 2024 - 10:00
This training is designed for those working with people who want to gain knowledge and confidence to offer support around sexual health issues and for those that are distributing condoms within their organisation.
The training will be provided virtually via the Teams platform
Target staff group
Non-clinical professionals who are providing support, information and services in sexual health; for example: family support workers, youth workers, PSHE teachers, foster carers and staff who are signed up to the Condom Distribution Training scheme and providing condoms to their services users.
- Overview of sexual health services and sexual health offer
- Update on sexual health screening
- A basic understanding of Safeguarding
- Condom use
- Understanding needs for those using condoms
- A basic understanding of Emergency Contraception
- Knowledge of up to date and accurate information to promote safer sex and contraception.
- Healthy Relationships and Wellbeing
- An understanding of the nature and transmission risk of STI’s (Sexually Transmitted Infections including HIV).
- Be aware of services in the local area; where to access and signpost to local sexual health services.
- A practical overview of sex and the law.
- Gain an understanding of chlamydia and testing.
- Be able to issue condoms via the condom distribution scheme and understand the requirements of the condom distribution scheme.
- To gain a better understanding of LGBTQ+ terminology
- To explore issues faced by the LGBTQ+ community
- To gain awareness of ways we can improve our services for LGBT+ people
Want to book onto the training?
If you would like to book a place on the training , please click on 'book this event' to secure your place
The platform used for the training is Teams, the link for the training session will be sent out a week before the training.