19th January 2021
We are now offering face to face HIV/STI testing. Here's what to expect when booking and attending your test:
- All tests must be booked online.
- A pre-test discussion will be held over the phone before you are invited to the office.
- Please wear a face covering when entering our buildings (we can provide these for you if you haven't got one).
- Please arrive to your appointment on time and do not bring others into the building. There will be no waiting rooms available.
- Any other 121/group support will continue over the phone/online.
We are still offering 1-2-1 support over the phone. To access this, please contact us.
If you live in York and you belong to a most at risk population (drug users, sex workers, black Africans, gay, bi or men who have sex with men), then you can order a home testing kit here.
Our community outreach team, Yorkshire MESMAC offers services to people who are most at risk of acquiring HIV and STIs. They are Yorkshire's largest LGBT+ sexual health charity.
Services that they offer include:
- Free, fast and confidential HIV testing in the community.
- Free condoms & lube.
- 1-2-1 support around issues such as risk taking behaviour, mental health and coming out.
- Support and social groups, including specific sexual health drop-ins for sex workers, trans & non-binary people and BAME (Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic) communities.
- Postal STI testing kits for men who have sex with men and trans women.
Contact Yorkshire MESMAC:
Telephone the office:
Contact a community development worker:
Lilly: 07710 099 033, firstname.lastname@example.org
Cj: 07710 099 031, email@example.com
Click here for more information about the services that Yorkshire MESMAC offers in York.