Sexual Health Basics training
This Sexual Health Basics training session is designed for those working with people who want to gain knowledge and confidence to offer support around sexual health issues.
Non-clinical professionals who are providing support, information and services in sexual health; for example: family support workers, youth workers, PSHE teachers, foster carers
- Knowledge of up to date and accurate information to promote safer sex and contraception.
- Healthy Relationships and Wellbeing
- An understanding of the nature and transmission risk of STI’s (Sexually Transmitted Infections including HIV).
- Be aware of services in the local area; where to access and signpost to local sexual health services.
- A practical overview of sex and the law.
- Gain an understanding of chlamydia and testing.
- Be able to issue condoms via the condom distribution scheme and understand the requirements of the condom distribution scheme.
This training is available across York or North Yorkshire and is completely free.
Please go to the training events tab on the left, to see up and coming training dates and book onto a session