8th February 2021
HIV treatment is highly effective in improving the quality of life of people living with HIV. Now, with U=U (undetectable = untransmittable), treatment is also an effective way of preventing passing on HIV to partners.
YorSexualHealth (YSH) runs a free and confidential support service for people living with HIV and their partners and carers in York and North Yorkshire.
We can support you with:
- Self-management of your physical and mental health
- Assistance with benefits and getting back into work or education
- Peer support and group support opportunities
- Symptoms management
You can be referred to the service by a member of YSH staff or you can also self-refer via our online form. Click here to complete the online referral form.
Upcoming HIV support group sessions:
If you are interested in joining a group support session you can email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
There are other services you can also access for support:
- Be Resilient http://www.be-resilient.org/
- Terrence Higgins Trust https://www.tht.org.uk/our-services/online-services
- National Long Term Survivors Group: https://www.nltsg.org.uk/
- Positively UK run a helpline. Call
020 7713 0444
For further information on living with HIV and U=U you can visit:
- i-base http://i-base.info/u-equals-u-qa/
- Terence Higgins Trust https://www.tht.org.uk/hiv-and-sexual-health/living-well-hiv
- Avert https://www.avert.org/living-with-hiv/newly-diagnosed
- MESMAC http://www.mesmac.co.uk/