16th March 2020
Book an online appointment for our Test and Go service
Online booking in North Yorkshire is currently being developed.
The Test and Go service allows patients with no symptoms to have a routine sexual health screen for Chlamydia, Gonorrhoea, Syphilis and HIV. You will receive your results by text.
This service is not suitable for everyone. If you are under 18, if you are gay or a bisexual man, if you have any symptoms or if you need contraception then you need additional time and expertise. Please ring our booking line (01904 721111) to make an appointment or attend our Q&W8 service (see clinic pages for times).
If you fit the criteria for Test and Go screening then click below to book an appointment. You will be required to register, then you will be able to view the available appointments. We are currently running these clinics Monday evening, Wednesday and Friday afternoon.
*Please be aware that due to COVID-19 YorSexual Health are limiting face to face contact at the clinics please order an online testing kit if you do not have any symptoms of an STI
Order a postal testing kit online
Chlamydia- free and confidential testing available for all
- Chlamydia is the most common STI in the UK and often has no symptoms
- It is recommended that people of all ages are tested for chlamydia whenever they have a new sexual partner
- If you are under 25 years old it is also advisable to have a routine test for chlamydia once a year
- Please allow two weeks after a risk before testing for chlamydia – testing too quickly may not detect a new infection
- To find out more or to order a free chlamydia postal test kit click the button below.
Other STIs- Free and confidential testing for Chlamydia, Gonorrhoea, Syphilis and HIV
Online testing kits are available to be ordered if you do not have any symptoms, we are experiencing a high demand for online testing at the moment please only order a testing kit if you need one and wait to order a kit until it can give you an accurate result. Please be aware you need to wait 2 weeks after unprotected sex to have an accurate chlamydia and gonorrhoea test and 4-6 weeks for HIV and 12 weeks for syphilis.
Some people are more at risk of coming into contact with STIs than others:
Free postal STI testing is available in North Yorkshire for:
- Men who have sex with men
- Trans people
- Sex workers
- Black African
- Injecting drug users
- People who have had sex from countries where HIV is more common
- Not all STIs can be detected through postal testing – for more information click here
- If you want to be checked for chlamydia, gonorrhoea, HIV and syphilis in one test you can order one by clicking the button below.
You will be taken to another site, Preventx, to order your test.