25th January 2022
Book an online appointment for our Test and Go service
Online booking in North Yorkshire is currently being developed.
The Test and Go service allows patients with no symptoms to have a routine sexual health screen for Chlamydia, Gonorrhoea, Syphilis and HIV. You will receive your results by text. This service is currently suspended.
This service is not suitable for everyone. If you are under 18, if you are gay or a bisexual man, if you have any symptoms or if you need contraception then you need additional time and expertise. Please ring our booking line (01904 721111) to make an appointment or attend our Q&W8 service (see clinic pages for times).
If you fit the criteria for Test and Go screening then click below to book an appointment. You will be required to register, then you will be able to view the available appointments. We have currently suspended these clinics.
*Please be aware that due to COVID-19 YorSexual Health are limiting face to face contact at the clinics - please order an online testing kit after reading the information below:
- If you have noticed significant symptoms such as pelvic or testicular pain or discharge from your penis please contact us on 01904 721111 for advice before testing
- If you have noticed mild symptoms such as stinging or burning you can order a test kit online
- If you have had sex with someone who you know has a STI we advise you to call us on 01904 721111 for advice about the right time for you to test and to discuss possible treatment
Order a postal testing kit online
PLEASE use your own name and date of birth on all tests (to avoid confusion) but feel free to use an address of your choice when you request the kit (as long as it is in North Yorkshire or York)
Free and confidential testing for Chlamydia is available for all residents of North Yorkshire aged over 16
- Chlamydia is the most common STI in the UK and often has no symptoms
- It is recommended that people of all ages are tested for chlamydia whenever they have a new sexual partner
- If you are under 25 years old it is also advisable to have a routine test for chlamydia once a year
- Please allow two weeks after a risk before testing for chlamydia – testing too quickly may not detect a new infection
- To find out more or to order a free chlamydia postal test kit click the button below.
- PLEASE use your own name and date of birth on all tests (to avoid confusion) but feel free to use an address of your choice when you request the kit (as long as it is in North Yorkshire or York)
Free and confidential testing for Chlamydia, Gonorrhoea, Syphilis and HIV
Online testing kits are available to be ordered, Please only order a testing kit if you need one and wait to order a kit until it can give you an accurate result. Please be aware you need to wait 2 weeks after unprotected sex to have an accurate chlamydia and gonorrhoea test and 4-6 weeks for HIV and 12 weeks for syphilis.
Free postal full STI testing is available in North Yorkshire aged over 16
From 15 December 2021 we are using a new testing portal. Simply click on the link, then enter your age and postcode to find out if you are eligible for a test. You will need your own UK mobile number to register to use the service. For your security and confidentiality please don't use someone else's mobile number.
The new portal has features to help you manage your sexual health testing. This will includes triage questions to ensure you are tested appropriately and may mean a reduced number of tests offered online You will have:
- Access to your own patient portal to see your results and test history
- Improved access to information, advice and support
If you requested an full STI test kit before the 15th December 2021 then this will continue to be processed and notification about your results will be sent via SMS or the York team will call you.
If you have a question regarding kit dispatch, please call 0333 344 4462 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a clinical or eligibility query please contact YorSexualHealth on 01904 721111 (option 2) or email us at yorsexualhealth.nhs.uk
You will be taken to another site, SH24, to order your test.
Some people are more at risk of coming into contact with STIs than others:
- Men who have sex with men
- Trans people
- Sex workers
- Black African
- Injecting drug users
- People who have had sex from countries where HIV is more common
- Not all STIs can be detected through postal testing – for more information click here
- If you want to be checked for chlamydia, gonorrhoea, HIV and syphilis in one test you can order one by clicking the button below.