16th March 2020
HIV treatment is highly effective in improving the quality of life of people living with HIV. Now, with U=U (undetectable = untransmittable), treatment is also an effective way of preventing passing on HIV to partners.
YorSexualHealth (YSH) runs a free and confidential support service for people living with HIV and their partners and carers in York and North Yorkshire.
We can support you with:
- Self-management of your physical and mental health
- Assistance with benefits and getting back into work or education
- Peer support and group support opportunities
- Symptoms management
Upcoming HIV support group sessions:
The upcoming peer group meetings in York and Scarborough are postponed. Please email email@example.com or call 01904 725423 for more info on available support
York: 1st April 2020, 6:15pm-8pm at the Yorkshire MESMAC office, The Workshop, Marygate Lane, York, YO30 7BJ.
Scarborough: 25th March 2020, 6pm-7pm at Falsgrave Community Resource Centre, Seamer Road, Scarborough, YO12 4DJ.
Harrogate: For more information on available support in Harrogate, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
There are other services you can also access for support:
- Be Resilient http://www.be-resilient.org/
- Terrence Higgins Trust https://www.tht.org.uk/our-services/online-services
- National Long Term Survivors Group: https://www.nltsg.org.uk/
- Positively UK run a helpline. Call 020 7713 0444
For further information on living with HIV and U=U you can visit:
- i-base http://i-base.info/u-equals-u-qa/
- Terence Higgins Trust https://www.tht.org.uk/hiv-and-sexual-health/living-well-hiv
- Avert https://www.avert.org/living-with-hiv/newly-diagnosed
- MESMAC http://www.mesmac.co.uk/